KENSHIN AIRWAYS

By Ashley Auld ( Himemiya Anthy, aka. Raya)

? Ok, I was on an airplane, and bored out of my mind so as usual, I started thinking about Kenshin, and what the Kenshin Gumi would do if they were all stuck on an airplane.  Heh-- This is one of those large planes that have two seats on each side and four in the center.  I don't know what they're called, but they make rather large trips.  I'm in this too… just as an added warning. >=D

DISCLAIMER:  Rurouni Kenshin, all the characters and the story are property of Nobuhiro Watsuki, Jump Comics, etc. etc…  I'm just a poor college art student and not even worth suing. I do this cause I'm CRAZY and I love the show!!!  Enjoy!

** Note**  Raya is ME! ^_^

CHAPTER 6- The Shirtless Conspiracy

 About two hours passed until Kenshin and Kaoru ventured back into the main cabin where everyone was.  Misao was fast asleep, drooling on Aoshi's shoulder while he sat rigid as always, continuing his Zen mediation.  Saito sat with his eyes closed and his hands folded.  Though you couldn't tell he was asleep, for one eye was slightly open.  Yahiko was passed out in the seat next to him.  Megumi slept, leaning on Sano and he was passed out as always.  Hiko was in a state similar to Saito's.
 Kaoru looked around in the dark cabin and then smiled at Kenshin.  " Look like everyone's asleep."  She straightened her Obi and smoothed the wrinkles in her Kimono.
 Kenshin led her to their seats and she sat down by the window.  He took the seat next to her and they snuggled.
 " Get some sleep now Kaoru-dono." Kenshin said to her softly, kissing her on her forehead.  Kaoru blushed and then kissed him more passionately on the lips.
 " Hai, you too Kenshin."
 Just then Raya popped her head up from behind the two and gave a low woof whistle.  " Kaoru and Kenshin kissing in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N ACK!!!"  In a lightning fast second, Kaoru picked Raya up and she found herself flying down the aisle, through the curtain and landed with a thud in the next cabin.
 " Hmph!" Kaoru looked back with dagger eyes at Soujirou who shrugged and gave her an innocent smile.  She turned back and folded her arms rigidly.
 " She's just joking, Kaoru-dono." Kenshin nervously tried to appease Kaoru.
 " Who said I was joking?" Raya's low voice floated over to them from the other cabin. She crawled back through the curtain and down the isle, climbing back in her seat.   When settled, she turned to Soujirou annoyed.
 " Souchan! Are you just going to let her abuse me like that?"
 " Nani?"
 " Did you SEE what she did?!"
 " Shh-- Raya-san, don't wake everyone up!"
 Raya stopped instantly at hearing a low moan from Misao. She turned to look at the young ninja, who had suddenly shifted position in her chair and wrapped her arms around Aoshi.
 " Mmmm… Aoshi-sama…" she giggled in her sleep. " Aoshi-sama… you're SO bold… Hee hee…"
 Aoshi slyly opened one eye and looked down at her, his face completely expressionless.  Then he closed it again and continued his meditation.  Raya gave a slight sweatdrop.
 " I guess you're right.  We'll talk about this later." She yawned and closed her eyes, leaning against him. " Oyasumi, Souchan."
 " Oyasumi, Raya-san."
 Kenshin put his arm around Kaoru as she leaned into him; she closed her eyes and sighed contentedly.
 " Oyasumi, Kenshin."
 " Aaa--" Kenshin closed his eyes.

 The only sounds were from those of the hum of the airplane and Yahiko's heavy snoring.  They all slept.

 Not five minutes passed until the plane jolted, the lights went on and everyone jumped awake with a start.

 * DING DING DING* The captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt sign, we will be experiencing some air turbulence, so please remain seated.

"What the?" Yahiko yawned and stretched.  He scratched his head and then looked at his watch. " WHAT?! It's 3 in the morning!"
 Misao blinked, squinting her eyes in the sudden light and then realized she was holding onto Aoshi with a fierce grip.  She quickly jumped away with a furious blush.
 " Oh! Aoshi-sama… Ummm… heh… sorry!"
 "…"
" Argh-- I wanna sleep…" Moaned Kaoru, she buried her face in Kenshin's sleeve.
 "Oh HO hoho-- a little TIRED huh?" Yahiko jumped over Saito who sat with a slightly annoyed look on his face.  The boy landed in the aisle and peered at Kaoru from over the seat slyly. " Hmmm-- I WONDER why…You were certainly working it back in First Cl-- AAHHHhhhhh!"
 Yahiko was throttled all the way into the next cabin just as Raya had been.  Kaoru stood, looking back towards him with her face bright red, she breathed heavily, shaking with anger.
 " OOHHH! YAHIKO YOU SPIED ON US?!"
 " Heh-- I knew my Baka-deshi could pull it off." Hiko gave Kenshin a thumbs up.  Kenshin reddened.
 " No he didn't spy--" Raya said with a giggle to Kaoru.  " You two were VERY audible in your own little love bubble in first class…"
 Kaoru quickly stiffened and looked around nervously.  Every single person had his or her eyes on her.
 " Ahou-ga…" Saito said with a sneer.
 "Eeekk!!" Kaoru flushed an even brighter red; she put her hands to her face ashamed.
 " Caught in the act huh Kaoru?!" Yahiko was back from the adjacent cabin with a sly, Cheshire cat smile.  He snickered at her, making her feel even more ashamed.
 " Yahiko-- it's not nice to do that! It's SO embarrassing when something like this happens…" Misao scolded him.  She looked back at Kaoru who was beginning to shake all over with anger, her face bright red.  She clenched and unclenched her hand.
 " Kaoru-dono," Kenshin looked up at her concerned.  " What's-- OROOoo!!"  Kenshin was on the receiving end of a vicious punch.
 " KENSHIN NO BAKA! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"
 She quickly pushed past him and into the isle.  She kept her face downcast, trying to hide the blush from her embarrassment. She turned and dashed towards the next compartment.
 " KAORU-DONO! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Kenshin stumbled out of his seat and ran to follow after her.  Just as he grabbed her shoulder a sudden jolt shook the plane and Kaoru lost her balance.  She fell to the ground with Kenshin on top of her.
 " KENSHIN! GET OFF OF ME! ARGHHH!"
 " Kaoru-dono!! I'm sorry!"
 Raya, Soujirou, Hiko, Yahiko, Megumi, Misao, and Saito all watched as the pair held a short wrestling match.  Kenshin won in the end as he picked up the hysterical Kaoru, kicking and flailing her arms. She slapped him repeatedly.
 " WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO DO? MAKE A TOTAL FOOL OF ME?! BAKA KENSHIN!"
 " Kaoru-dono ORO!… I'm--ORO!…. Sor--ORO-- ry!!"
 " BAKA BAKA! LET ME GO!"
 " Not again…" Raya rolled her eyes.
 Kenshin turned and ran back with the struggling Kaoru into first class.
 " Well-- if it worked once, then I hope it'll work again." He muttered under his breath.

 Everyone sat in silence and listened as Kaoru continued to curse him out in first class from behind the curtain, then she quieted down almost instantly.

 Raya gave a sweatdrop.  " Ok-- I think it worked…"
 " Hmph, I don't know what she sees in such a dorky guy." Hiko shook his head and pressed the call button for more Sake.
 " We won't see them for a while." Yahiko muttered with a smirk.
 " I hope they're not as loud this time around." Misao said.
 " Hmph…" Saito gave a low chuckle. " Ahou's…"
 
 " Well-- with all this fuss, I have no hope of getting back to sleep." Megumi said with a flick of her long black hair.  Just then, Sano stirred.
 Everyone froze.
 " Oh--shimatta…" She quickly checked her watch.  " It's time…"
 Sano slowly opened his eyes and yawned.
 " Hmmm…" He said drowsily as he looked up to see Megumi's face.  " Yo… Foxy Doctor--- what are you doing here?  Oh no-- it must be about my bills huh? Put it on my tab…" He stretched and yawned, then rolled onto his other side.  " Just let me get a little more--" He trailed off, as the strange hum of the airplane engine became noticeable.  He opened one eye and spied Misao staring at him from her seat across the isle.  Then opened both eyes and looked up to see Raya peering down at him from over her seat.

 *** Back at the rear of the plane, the Enishi-Gumi had all managed to get back to sleep after the sudden wake-up call due to the air turbulence. Enishi sat, his maniacal smile illuminated faintly by the glow of the overhead lamp.  He drummed his fingers together.
 " Battousai, just you wait-- I'll complete my Jinchuu… you'll know what it feels like to suffer--"
 
 A sudden blood curtling scream was heard, jolting everyone awake again (but Tomoe-- who was too drunk and still passed out).
 " What the hell was that?" Banjin smashed his fist against the wall of the plane.  "Damn it! I want to sleep!"
The overhead compartment opened a crack and a single glowing eye could be seen through the darkness.
 " Banjin, please don't scream like that-- I'm trying to get my beauty sleep." Yatsume muttered irritated.
 " It wasn't me! It came from the front!" Banjin retorted.
 " Shhh--" Enishi put his finger to his lips and the two quieted down as he gestured to Tomoe who stirred slightly in her sleep.  " If you wake my sister up, I WILL kill you."

***** Back with the Kenshin Gumi

 " MISAO! HELP ME!" Megumi was busy trying to hold Sano down as he screamed bloody murder.

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! " He struggled wildly.  Then his eyes caught sight of the emergency exit.  " LET ME OFF! LET ME OUT! LEMME OUT NIOW!!!!"  He struggled against Megumi who was surprisingly strong.  She had him by both arms pinned behind his back.
 " H-Hai!"  Misao jumped up to help.  Almost immediately Kenshin burst forth from First class, his Gi was down around his waist and his hair was loose.  There were several red lipstick marks all over his face and chest.
 " WHAT'S HAPPENED? WHAT'S THAT SCREAM?!" He looked around at everyone frantically.  Suddenly everything went silent as they all stared at him open mouthed.  Sano momentarily forgot his hysteria.  Kaoru's head popped out of the first class curtain, you could tell she was bare around the shoulders. She grabbed Kenshin by his hair and pulled him back towards the First Class cabin.
 " Oroooo…"
 No one moved, they could hear Kaoru's voice float over through the thin curtains
 " It's JUST Sano-- Jeez-- you're so jumpy! Now come here… I want you to do that thing again…"
 "Oro? What thing?"
 " You know… that THING that you do… The one where you---"
 Her voice got really soft.
 " OHHH!! THAT THING! Hai de gozaru…"

 Everyone gulped loudly as nothing more could be heard.  They all exchanged looks.
 " Jeez-- why does my baka-deshi get all the luck…" Hiko muttered irritated.  " Aren't I smooth and cool enough?" He flashed his patented smile ™.
 " It's cause you're old." Misao muttered under her breath.
 " Nani?" Hiko's eyes flashed angrily for a moment.  But he stopped at a sudden loud wail from Raya.  She sank to her knees in the isle, looking back towards the first class curtain.
 " What's wrong Raya-san?!" Soujirou quickly knelt down concerned.  Her shoulders were shaking.  " Why are you crying?"
 
 Raya looked up to Soujirou, her eyes were wide, and a giant smile was on her face.  She wasn't crying, but shaking with excitement.  " I-- just saw Kenshin with his hair down AND shirtless!!"

 * DROOLS *

 " Eh?" Soujirou blinked back as she suddenly turned Chibi and latched herself to his Hakama/pant leg.
"Neee-- Souchan, Why don't YOU ever go shirtless?"
 " N-Nani?" Soujirou straightened.  " Well--- I do of course… but not--"
 " --I NEVER see you shirtless in the anime!  The only time you came even close was when Shishio was taking his hot spring bath and you were outside with your Gi on-- but no white shirt underneath." She pouted.
 " B-But--" Soujirou gave her an innocent smile.
" It must be a conspiracy!  The Shirtless Conspiracy! I never see the anime guy that I love get shirtless…" Raya turned normal again, she stood up and put her hand to her forehead in a melodramatic pose.  "  Tasuki never got shirtless (well-- ok-- he did in the OVA but that doesn't count!)… Shion, Eagle, Lantis...Everyone is conspiring against me…" She turned to him in earnest.  "WHY?!"
Soujirou smiled nervously.   " Umm… It's how Watsuki likes to draw me?"
 " Do I really CARE!?!!"  Raya jumped for his neck.  She held him by the front of his Gi and shook him.  " THIS IS MY PARODY! I'M THE AUTHOR! SO GET SHIRTLESS!"
 " -- That's NOT the issue we're discussing now!" Megumi interrupted Raya angrily.  Raya looked over to her and dropped Soujirou.
 " Oh- yeah… I forgot… The Chicken…"
 " Get me off of this DAMN thing!" Sano was back to his squawking.  He did look the equivalent of a chicken with its head cut off, struggling trying to escape the clutches of the sly and dangerous fox.  He'd managed to get into the isle, Megumi had lost her hold on his arms, but held onto his shirt and had been dragged across all three seats in the process.
 " SANO! IT'S ONLY A PLANE! YOU'LL BE FINE!" She yelled at him.
 " Sanosuke-san! Listen to Megumi-san!" Misao held both his legs, trying to prevent him from moving any closer to the door.
" Yahiko! Help me!"
" Oh-- Yeah!" Yahiko jumped on Sano's shoulders, trying to pull him backward with all his might.
" Hey Chicken-head! GET A GRIP!"
" LET ME OFF! I WANNA GET OFF!!" Sano ignored Yahiko, continuing to move slowly towards the door, dragging Misao and Megumi with him.
 
 A sudden jolt of air turbulence sent everyone crashing to the ground.  The street fighter let out another blood curdling scream.
 " WE'RE GOING DOWN! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!"  He tried to get up but Megumi jerked him back once more with her tight grip on his shirt.
 " Sano! It's JUST a little air turbulence! You're SUCH a wimp! STOP acting like a five year old!" She cried.
 Soujirou was the last to try and restrain him.  He ran in-between Sano and the door. Barring the way.
 Sano quickly shrugged out of his shirt sending Megumi reeling backwards. Yahiko flew off his shoulders and let go of his ankles after an involuntary kick in the forehead from the hysterical chickenhead. He violently pushed Soujirou aside and leapt for the door.
 Everyone screamed.

" NO!!!!"

 Yahiko, Misao, Soujirou, and Megumi all pounced on him, pinning him to the ground.  Soujirou held him down, above them all.  His face was deep set and serious.
 " Sanosuke-san… If you open that door, then we WILL all die…"
 Sano's eyes were wide and he looked up at the Rurouni's serious face. He swallowed hard.
 " Sano--" Megumi said as she put her hand on his.  " It's ok-- you're not going to die on this plane.  We've been up in the air safely for about 4 hours now."

 " Hmph…" Raya sat back in her seat and pouted, completely unconcerned with the events that had just taken place.  " We get to see Sano without his shirt on-- but OH nooo… Souchan never takes his off, of course not…"