KENSHIN AIRWAYS

By Ashley Auld ( Himemiya Anthy, aka. Raya)

DISCLAIMER:  Rurouni Kenshin, all the characters and the story are property of Nobuhiro Watsuki, Jump Comics, etc. etc…  I'm just a poor college art student and not even worth suing. I do this cause I'm CRAZY and I love the show!!!  Enjoy!
 

CHAPTER 3- Rescue Mission

 Raya and Kaoru sat handcuffed together in the center, far back of the airplane, sandwiched between Enishi and Gein.
 " Damn it, where are those two?" Raya muttered under her breath.
 " Kenshin will come-- Kenshin always comes to save me!" Kaoru said determined.
 " Yeah-- and he'd let a little thing like air turbulence stop him…" Raya said dryly.  Kaoru glared at her.
 " Well, I don't see your Sou-chan coming to save you either!"
 
 Enishi sat drumming his fingers together, grinning evilly.  " Ah yes, with both girls here and held captive, the Battousai will come right into my trap."
 Raya and Kaoru both stopped and looked at him wide eyed.
 " But-- what did he do to you?" Raya laughed nervously. " Tomoe is alive…"
 " Yeah, but LOOK at her!" Enishi's eyes suddenly grew wide with insanity as he gestured over to his sister trying to open the emergency exit.  Banjin was restraining her.
 " Dammit, Tomoe don't DO that!" Banjin said angrily.  He finally wrenched her free of the door and sat her on the opposite side of him.  Tomoe said nothing, only leaned back against the seat with a depressed look, she downed one of the airline's mini-wine bottles in one gulp.
 " It's because of the Battousai-- Not ONLY does she want to die cause of the life Watsuki gave her... but she's even more depressed because Battousai's in love with KAORU now!" He sighed heavily.  " Even if he does take my sister away, I hate seeing her so depressed."
 
 Meanwhile, Gein had taken Kaoru's ponytail between his hands and was stroking the hair admiringly.  Kaoru threw him her best punch with her free hand but he caught it.
 " WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING! PERVERT!" She screeched.
 " What beautiful hair… it's perfect for the project!" Gein said as he drew out some scissors from the folds of his clothes.
 " AHHH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!" Kaoru jumped up, dragging Raya with her and tried to escape over the seat.
 " HEY! DON'T DO THAT! IT HURTS!!" Raya yelled.
 " Ohh-- that arm would do nicely too…" Gein grabbed Raya's arm and pulled out a long knife.
 

*** Back with the Kenshin-Gumi ***

 Misao sat tapping her finger annoyed against the armrest.  Then finally banged down on it and sprung from her seat.  Kenshin had been in the middle of sipping his tea. Soujirou was reading a tourist guide of New York.  They both looked up at her surprised.
 " WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU TWO!" She scolded them. " You're going to let a little thing like AIR TURBULENCE keep you from saving them!?  What kind of men are you?!"
 " Ummm-- Misao-dono… you should sit down.. the plane could rock at any minute." Kenshin said.  A large black cloud formed over her head, lightning struck and she was across the isle and in his face in a second.  She grabbed the front of Kenshin's Gi and brought him to her eye level.
 " Kaoru could be getting raped back there and you're worried about a little BUMPY AIR!!!???"
 " But--"
 " Yeah Kenshin!" Yahiko took off his earphones and looked at him across the isle. " You're not going to let Enishi have his way with her are you!?"
 " Ano-- you're blowing this way out of proportion…" Kenshin said nervously.
 " He's right." The practical voice of Megumi interjected. " Enishi may be a psychotic, insane, impulsive killer… but he's NO rapist!"

* Just then, Kaoru's voice is heard*

  " WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!? PERVERT!"

 Kenshin's eyes shot open.
" Then again… I could be wrong." Megumi looked back nervously.

DING

 The captain has turned off the fasten seatbelt sign, it's now safe to roam about the cabin.

Kenshin threw off his seatbelt and pushed his way past Misao.

 " GO SAVE HER! KENSHIN!" She cheered.

"What about Raya?" Yahiko said nervously.  " Do you think they could be doing all sorts of awful things to her too?
" Enishi would be a busy guy--" Megumi muttered.

Raya's voice was heard shortly after.

 " AHH! DON'T DO THAT! IT HURTS!"

 Soujirou jumped from his seat a second after.  " Raya-san!"
 " KILL THE BASTARD!" Yahiko and Misao cheered.
 Saito cleared his throat and the two instantly quieted down.
 "  Did I say kill?" Misao said with a slight laugh.
 " I didn't hear the word kill… it was-- uhh.. THRILL!"
 " YEAH! GO KENSHIN! GO SOUJIROU! Ummm-- THRILL him with your amazing sword technique!"
 " Give it up." Saito said as he lit another cigarette. " Do you want to join those two girls back there with the Enishi-Gumi?"
 Yahiko slowly sat down. Misao went over to Aoshi and curled up in the seat next to him. Aoshi was busy reading his Zen book and paid no attention to anything that was happening.
 Kenshin and Soujirou were in the isle, watching the two in slight consternation.  Hiko sighed loudly.
" Baka deshi's…" He muttered.
 Kenshin looked at him. " Nani? Shisho?"
 " Go save Kaoru and Raya!"

  Raya's voice was heard:

  NOOOO!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!"

 " Oh-- HAI de gozaru! Kaoru-dono! I'm coming!!"
 " Raya-san! I'm coming!" Soujirou followed after him.
 They took two steps towards the back but stopped instantly at the sound of the stewardess.
 " Would you gentlemen like some refreshments? We're serving dinner now."
 Kenshin and Soujirou exchanged glances and then sat back down.
 " Hai! I'm hungry.  What's for dinner de gozaru yo?" Kenshin said with a wide grin.
 " I hope it's not pasta." Soujirou said as he lowered his tray table.
 Misao and Yahiko looked at them dumbstruck as the Stewardess handed them their dinner trays.
 " Itadakimasu!" Soujirou said with a wide smile as he began to eat.
 Misao clenched her fists, she wasn't going to just let Raya and Kaoru be raped by a madman.  She stood up and pointed a finger accusingly at Kenshin who broke his chopsticks apart and began to dig in.
 " Well-- YOU two gluttons can just sit and EAT for all I care!!"
 " That's what we're doing de gozaru ka."
 " Grrrrrrrr--- HIMURA YOU INSENSITIVE BASTARD!" She grabbed his tray and smashed it over his head.
 " OROOOOOoooo…"
 
 Kaoru could be heard again.

 " NOOOO!!! YOU CAN'T!!  YOU CAN'T!! KENSHIN!!!"
 
 Misao left Kenshin in a sadly beaten up state and towered over Soujirou.  Soujirou continued to eat with little concern.
 " Well-- are you going to save them? Or not?"
 " This airplane food isn't all that bad actually… probably cause I haven't eaten in two days." Soujirou confessed with a laugh.  Misao promptly smashed his tray over his head.
 " Do you like how that tastes!?" She said angrily.  The two beaten warriors grudgingly stood up.  They began to trudge towards the back of the plane.

*** Back with Kaoru and Raya ***

 Raya struggled but Gein's knife came closer and closer to her arm.
 " STOP! I'M THE AUTHOR OF THIS FIC! HOW CAN I WRITE WITHOUT MY ARM!!!?"
 Enishi suddenly sat straight up in his seat, an idea had sprung forth.  He looked at Raya with a psychotic grin and lifted his hand for Gein to stop.  Kaoru had succeeded in making it over the seat; she couldn't go much farther though because Raya was still caught.
 " Why do I get a REALLY bad feeling about this?" Raya said nervously.
 " You-- You're the author of this fic… anything you write happens…" Enishi laughed low and cool.  Raya laughed half-heartedly.
 " Oh-- well… not really-- I was just LYING… I'm not really the writer.  It's--"
 " QUIET!"
 Raya shut up with a little squeak.  Enishi pointed his finger towards Tomoe who had so far downed 10 airline wine bottles.
 " You-- can make Battousai forget about Kaoru-- Then Tomoe will be happy again."
 " Nani? Are you KIDDING?! Never!" Raya said angrily.  " I'm a die-hard Kenshin and Kaoru fan!!"
 " That's RIGHT! Kenshin is MINE!" Kaoru interjected hotly.  Enishi shot her an icy glare and then gestured to Gein.  Gein nodded and proceeded to bring his knife closer to Raya's extended arm.
 " NOOOO!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!" Raya screamed. " I'll do it! I'll do it!!"
 " NOOO! YOU CAN'T! YOU CAN'T! KENSHIN!!" Kaoru reached for Raya's throat.
 " Very good--" Enishi nodded and Gein withdrew the knife, but still held Raya's arm firmly in his icy grip.

 Just then Kenshin appeared with Soujirou close behind him.
 " Kenshin!" Kaoru cried happily.  But her face fell as he ran straight to Tomoe, picked her up out of her seat and started to carry her back towards the front of the aircraft.
 " Tomoe-dono, are you ok de gozaru?" Kenshin asked her worried.
 * hick *
Tomoe eyed him hazily and giggled.
" Sooo--- you finally come to your senses…ehhhh?" * hick *  She went limp in his arms, passed out from drinking too much.
 " Tomoe-dono! Hold on! I'll have Megumi-dono look at you!" Kenshin turned to leave.  Kaoru stood dumbfounded, her mouth wide open.  Soujirou looked at Kenshin shocked also.  Enishi had a wide grin on his face.  Raya sat looking at the ground defeated.
 " Umm-- Himura-san?" Soujirou eyed him. "Are you feeling all right? That's not Kaoru-san!"
 " Huh? Who's Kaoru?" Kenshin blinked at him confused.