KENSHIN AIRWAYS

By Ashley Auld ( Himemiya Anthy, aka. Raya)

 Ok, I was on an airplane, and bored out of my mind so as usual, I started thinking about Kenshin, and what the Kenshin Gumi would do if they were all stuck on an airplane.  Heh-- This is one of those large planes that have two seats on each side and four in the center.  I don't know what they're called, but they make rather large trips.  I'm in this too… just as an added warning. >=D

DISCLAIMER:  Rurouni Kenshin, all the characters and the story are property of Nobuhiro Watsuki, Jump Comics, etc. etc…  I'm just a poor college art student and not even worth suing. I do this cause I'm CRAZY and I love the show!!!  Enjoy!

CHAPTER 1- yellow and orange tagged bags

 " Come on Kenshin!  Let's find our seats!" Kaoru pulled Kenshin onto the airplane and looked around in amazement. " It's the first time I've been on one of these!  It's going to be so much fun!"
 " Kaoru is so easy to please…"  Yahiko muttered as he stepped on the plane after them.  Kaoru flashed him an evil look.
 " Maa Maa…" Kenshin hastily calmed the two down.  He didn't want them to break into a brawl on the plane.
 " So, let's see where our seats are." Kaoru looked at her ticket stub. " I'm 10 C… hmmm…"
 They made their way down the aisle and Kaoru rejoiced when she found she had an isle seat.
 " Come on Kenshin!  Let's get seated!"  She grabbed onto his Gi and was about to shove him into the seat next to her when Yahiko spoke up.
 " Sorry Kaoru, that's my seat.  I'm 10 D."
 " WHAT?  Then trade with Kenshin!  What's your seat Kenshin?"
 " Umm.." Kenshin blinked at his ticket stub and then thumbed over to the far window. " 10 A."
 " Well, TRADE WITH YAHIKO!" Kaoru looked at Kenshin menacingly and Kenshin was about to agree out of fear of her wrath when another figure stepped onto the plane.
 " NO TRADING ALLOWED!"  Raya said as she giggled and glomped onto Kenshin's arm. " How're you doing Kenshin?"
 All of them blinked at the sudden newcomer.  Kaoru realized Raya practically hanging off of Kenshin's arm and felt her face turn bright red with jealousy.
 " K-K-K-KENSHIN! WHO IS SHE!??!"
 " Oro?" Kenshin blinked at Kaoru and then looked at the babbling girl. " I think she's the author of this parody…"
 " AUTHOR?!" Kaoru restrained her inner impulse to throw Raya through the window.  Raya looked up at Kaoru with a catty grin.
 " Yeah, so you can't do anything to me… heheh…" She showed Kenshin her ticket stub. " Look! I've got seat 10 B, right next to you Kenshin!"
 " Aaa.." Kenshin nodded and sat down, One could have thought they saw smoke rising out of Kaoru's ears.  She fumed.
 " YOU SET IT UP LIKE THAT DIDN'T YOU?" Kaoru looked at Raya with dagger eyes.  Raya grew sudden cat ears.
" Oh hohoho!! And so what if I did?  What'll you do?"
Kaoru looked at her fuming angry.  Raya turned her back to her and sat next to Kenshin, glomping back on his arm.  Kenshin didn't object.  Kaoru burst.
" KENSHIN! HOW CAN YOU JUST COMPLY WITH HER LIKE THAT!!!!!???"
 " Ano--- Raya-dono is the author… I don't want to get her mad." Kenshin looked at Kaoru apologetically.
 " Yeah-- get comfortable Kenshin, it's going to be a LONG flight." Raya giggled and snuggled against him.  " We get to keep each other company ALL the way there! Won't that be fun?"
Kaoru ground her teeth and slowly sank into her chair across the isle from them.  She dug her fingernails into her Kimono.
 " Hmph-- I don't get girls at all…" Yahiko muttered as he took his seat next to Kaoru.
 " Here Kenshin, want some gum?" Raya offered Kenshin a piece of gum, which Kenshin accepted gracefully.  Kaoru retaliated by landing a swift blow to Kenshin's head.
 " STOP BEING SO NICE TO HER!" She yelled.
 " OROOOO---" Kenshin rubbed his head.
 " Oh no! Are you ok Kenshin?" Raya looked at him worried.
 " Heh-- I think so…"
 " Why do you put up with such a violent---" Raya's words trailed off as she spotted the flash of a blue Gi and Hakama as a new figure stepped onto the plane. A familiar, carefree voice floated over to her.

 " I wanted to make sure that this was the right plane…" the figure said with a large grin on his face. " This plane goes to America right?"
 
 Raya's eyes perked up and she suddenly jumped onto her seat, turning Chibi in an instant.
 " SOUJIROU!!!!!"
 " Huh?" Soujirou looked up to see the little girl launch herself through the air and glomp onto his Gi. " ACK!"
 " SOUJIROU!!!" Raya giggled as she slowly slid down his Gi and Hakama, attaching herself to his leg.
 Soujirou looked at her in amazement then looked up at the other surprised faces for some hope of an answer as to who this babbling girl was.  Kaoru and Kenshin just stared at Raya openmouthed.  Yahiko sighed and rolled his eyes.
 " That's Raya, she's the author of this parody."
 " Ahhh--" Soujirou looked down at her with newfound admiration.
 " Come on Soujirou!  You can sit next to me!!!  They won't mind if we change the seating." Raya giggled. She turned normal again and led him by his arm to the two seats directly in back of Kenshin's.
 " Fickle…" Kaoru muttered under her breath as she took Raya's old seat.  Raya stuck her tongue at her,  Soujirou sat next to the window in back of Kenshin, and Raya took the isle seat in back of Kaoru.
 " It's gonna be a long flight, right Soujirou?  Tell me about all the things that you've been doing while you were wandering!!!"  She held onto his arm and looked at him with loving admiration.  Soujirou blushed slightly, his eyes drifted down to his left arm, which was being suffocated by her embrace.
 " Ano-- Raya-san… I'm sorry, but Hotaru-san wouldn't like this…"
 " NANI?  This ISN'T my fanfic 'Deceptive Looks' ! Hotaru's not here!"  Raya gave him a dark look.
 Soujirou gave a huge sweatdrop and smiled nervously. " But--"
 " No buts!  I never should have given you a girlfriend…" Raya sighed.
 " But-- I like her very much… thank you Raya-san…"
 " It's nothing, really…" Raya smirked.

 Just then a loud wailing outside of the plane interrupted them all.
 " That sounds like Sanosuke!" Kaoru exclaimed.
 
 And sure enough, Megumi appeared, trying to drag on the whining figure of Sanosuke.  He held onto the side of the door of the airplane, protesting vehemently.
 " NNOOOO!! I DON'T WANNA GOO!! NOOO!"
 " Don’t be such a baby!!  My god… this isn't like you at all!" Megumi responded irritably.
 "DON'T MAKE ME! MEGUMI-- DON'T MAKE ME GO!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT AMERICA!!"
 Megumi finally managed to wrench him free of the door and led him forcefully down the isle towards their seats.
 " I swear, Megumi! We're all going to DIE!!!  DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS THING IS MADE OF? METAL!! It's ALL made of metal like a GIANT bullet with wings!! IT'S NOT GOING TO FLY! WE'RE GOING TO FALL LIKE A ROCK!!"
 " You're way to paranoid!" Megumi scolded. She pushed him down in his seat in the isle behind Raya and climbed over him to sit behind Soujirou next to the window. "Just don't think about it… it's no different than a train.  Only it's flying.  They wouldn't let us go on it if it wasn’t safe."
 " Just mentioning the train makes me feel worse…" Sano hugged his knees and sat in his seat rigid with fear.
 Meanwhile, Raya, Soujirou, Kenshin, Kaoru, and Yahiko all watched with huge sweatdrops.

A stewardess suddenly noticed Kenshin's Sakaba that he had leaning against his shoulder and walked over to him.
 " Sir…" She said softly. " I'm afraid you'll need to check that below…"
 " Oro?" Kenshin looked up at her and smiled nervously.  " I'm sorry-- I won't cause any trouble, and it's only a Sakaba… it won't kill anyone…"  He drew out part of the sword to show her.  The stewardess shook her head.
 " I'm amazed you got through customs with that!!  I'm sorry, but it needs to be checked, or bagged!"
 
 A few minutes later, Kenshin sat in his seat annoyed with a long, bright yellow and orange-tagged bag resting against his shoulder, his Sakaba within. Kaoru rolled her eyes.
 " Jeez-- they won't even trust you here! I'm going to write a very strongly worded letter to the management about this!"
 " Heh- It's ok Kaoru-dono…  It's better than getting arrested." Kenshin said with a sweatdrop.
A few minutes later, they heard the same stewardess stopping a tall man dressed in a police uniform at the doorway of the airplane.
 " I'm sorry sir, but you'll need to check that!"
 Saito looked at her with an icy stare.  "  I have special permission to use this Katana…" He said, fingering it slightly.  The stewardess stood her ground and returned his look.
 " I don't know what's wrong with people these days!  I swear, check that thing or I'm calling security!!"

 A few minutes later they saw Saito walking down the isle holding another yellow and orange-tagged bag, like the one that Kenshin had.  Yahiko couldn't help but snicker.  He quickly stopped when Saito stopped next to him and sat down in Kaoru's old seat, 10 C.  He quickly took no time in lighting his cigarette and reclined in the seat, blowing a puff of smoke.
 " Saito!  There's no smoking on this airline!" Kaoru scolded him. " Put out your cigarette, no one wants to have to smell that smoke all the way to America!"
 Saito looked at her annoyed and took another drag, blowing the smoke out through his nostrils.
 Kaoru was about to object more firmly when everyone heard a familiar squeal from the front of the plane.  Misao came bouncing on with Aoshi not too far behind.  Misao giggled playfully and looked around the plane like a kid in a candy shop.
 " Wow--- isn't this cool Aoshi-sama?"
 " …"
 " Look! There are our seats, next to Yahiko!"
 Yahiko rolled his eyes and folded his arms crossly.
 " Great…" He muttered under his breath. " I'm sandwiched between a weasel girl and a psychotic cop."
 Misao shot him an icy look and pounced on him.
 " WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!"
 " OUCH! HEY WATCH IT!!"
 The two began arguing and rolling around in the isle, kicking and biting.  Aoshi was detained by the stewardess at the door for carrying his two kodachi in his Saya.
 
 " I'm sorry sir, you'll need to have those checked…" She looked tired.  That was the third guy in a row who walked in with a dangerous weapon, what IDIOTS were running customs!!??"
 
 ~~~ Back a Customs ~~~

 " Heh…heeehhhh hehhh…"  Iwanbo scratched his head behind the counter as Hiko walked through the metal detector carrying his sword in his belt.  Following him closely came Enishi with his huge, long sword slung over his shoulder and that big ugly guy ( don't know his name) with the gun on his arm. The other warriors in Enishi's service followed behind. Tomoe held up the rear.  The metal detector went wild as all of them passed.  Iwanbo  just chuckled, amusing himself with all the flashing lights.

 ~~ back to the plane~~~

 Kaoru had finally gotten up and physically torn Misao and Yahiko apart.  She separated them and made Aoshi sit in the isle across from Raya,  He sported the same yellow and orange-tagged bag that Kenshin and Saito held. Misao sat next to him, right in back of Yahiko.
 " Jeez… you guys are impossible!" Kaoru plopped back into her seat.  In no time Hiko stepped onto the plane, and the usual voice of the stewardess carried over all.
" SIR! You need to check that--"
" But-- those yellow and orange tagged bags are NOT stylish enough for me…" Hiko protested.  " They clash with my carefully planned ensemble.  Would YOU carry a bag like that around while wearing a manto as stylish and sophisticated as mine--?"

A few moments later he was grumbling next to Yahiko in what used to be Misao's seat, holding the yellow and orange-tagged bag.
 Not to soon after, Enishi with his companions walked through the door, not even bothering to stop by the stewardess who's eyes bugged at the sight of the huge gun on one of the guy's arms, and the wicked looking sword slung over Enishi's shoulder..
 " SIR-- YOU--"
 Enishi gave her a look that shut her up instantly.
 " If you make me take one of those ugly bags," He said slowly " I'll blow this entire plane up."
 The stewardess didn't say anything, only stepped out of his way and Enishi passed.  He walked to the very back of the plane with his group.  Tomoe threw a side wards glance at Kenshin.  He looked at her nervously and then quickly lowered his eyes.
 " Ohh-- I give up!" The stewardess threw up her arms and then closed the door to the plane.  They began to move away from the terminal.

 " Welcome to Kenshin Airways, Please be sure that your seats are upright, and your trays are up and locked in place."  She said over the loudspeaker.  " In case of emergency--"
 "-- EMERGENCY?" Sano burst out.  He jumped out of his seat and ran to the nearest exit. " I WANT OUT! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!"
 " Sano!" Megumi grabbed him by the back of his shirt and pulled him back into his seat.  He sat squirming for a minute until Megumi got him to buckle his seat belt.
 " Ah-hem" The stewardess continued. " In case of Emergency, please refer to the emergency procedure card in the seat pocket in front of  you."
 Sano hastily grabbed it and pulled it out. Reading it carefully.
 
 The stewardess went through the normal procedures.  Sano raised his hand at the end.
 " Can I have an oxygen mask now!?  What happens if mine doesn't work? What happens if it malfunctions?"
 The stewardess assured him with a large sweatdrop that his oxygen mask would work.  Just to be on the safe side, Sano pulled out his life vest from under his seat and buckled it on.  Megumi shook her head and looked out the window.
 " I swear I don't know you…" she muttered.
 " Nani? If we all die, I'm blaming YOU!" Sano said irritably.
 " Here-- take these…" Megumi dropped two white pills in his hand and handed him a water bottle.
 " Huh? What is it?"
 " Just take them!  They're vitamins."  Megumi said innocently.
 Sano eyed her with suspicion but took the pills.  In about five minutes, he was sleeping like a baby.
 " What did you give him Megumi-san?" Misao asked her.
 " Just some sleeping pills.  This should knock him out for at least half the flight, I'll get some peace and quiet then.  I wasn't sure if I would need them, but looks like they came in handy after all."
 
 The plane stopped on the runway, and then after a brief pause, made a smooth take off.

** End of Chapter 1 ***