Opened my eyes today
And I knew there’s something different

Sano slowly and drowsily awakens from a light slumber. His head was pounding from an overdose of Sake the night before. He decided to get up and to go and meet Kenshin in the Dojo. Free food was normally his first thought but this morning there was something else before that. He started to make his way towards the dojo, slowly with his head still trying to break out of his skull. Without realizing it he was standing in front of the clinic. Surprised he didn’t notice Dr. Genzai approach to take him inside. Once there he was given a vile tasting medicine to help him deal with the pain in head.

Saw you in a brand new way
Like the clouds had somehow lifted

As Sano tried to drown down the foul tasting medicine he eyes roamed into the next room. Megumi sat patiently wrapping a bandage around the arm of a small girl. He watched her carefully. Tracing her moves with his eyes. Watching her carefully smile to reassure the child. Gentle, Caring and Graceful, He suddenly wished he hadn’t come. Sano’s aim in life was to fight with Megumi why suddenly these rash thoughts of how wonderful she was. He smiled to himself finishing off the medicine in one last gulp, still never taking his eyes off Megumi.

And if Yesterday I heard
Myself saying these Words
I would Swear it was a lie.

Suddenly the thought came to him unbidden and harsh. He awoke this morning wanting to see her, not Kenshin. Although they constantly fought perhaps she was as attracted to him as he was to her. Maybe, just maybe, she loved him back.

I don’t know why but suddenly I’m falling
Was I so blind
I was loving you all the time

Sano shook his head in disbelief. He shouldn’t be thinking things like this, he lusted after her maybe, he compensated his mind. She’s a beautiful woman, of course I want her, of course I could be mistaking it for love. He glanced at Megumi again she was walking towards him with a sly smile on her face and her hips swaying in an inevitably arousing pattern. He watched her approach him and pushed his thoughts from his mind.

Now I’m hopelessly addicted
Helplessly attracted

Megumi stood in front of Sano and placed her hands on her hips "Hit the Sake a little to hard," she inquired as fox ears began to appear atop her head. Sano couldn’t find a safe place to look. He couldn’t look at her eyes if he looked down all he could think was what her body was like beneath the robes that hide it from him. "Yeah Kitsune," he eventually replied trying to force emotion from his voice.

I make a wish this day
And I’ll send it to the heavens

Sano began to squirm under Megumi’s watchful eyes. ‘What is it?’ Megumi asked suddenly troubled by Sano’s silence and his lack of a crass response to her questioning. Sano glanced up at her. ‘I wish you would hold me just once’ the thought ran through his head unwelcome and harsh and although he wouldn’t say it. ‘What?’ she repeated again. Sano turned his head away not wanting to look at her eyes, afraid that she may be able to read his feelings. Megumi grabbed a hold of his chin and pulled it towards her face. Megumi had become worried now something was seriously wrong.

That we will always stay
Entwined like this forever

Sano couldn’t help it now, he had to do something, his heart beating like fury he reached up for her hand. Megumi watched in silence ‘Was this an attempt to be intimate?’ she wondered. Sano’s heart jumped when she didn’t pull away. ‘Maybe now, is this right, he thought wanting her to touch him this closely forever. Sano made his move he lurched his body upwards, from the chair he was sitting in and lightly brushed her lips with his.

And though the world may change
Coz nothing stays the same

‘Please,’ he thought ‘Don’t pull away’. Megumi was in shock. The whole time her picking and bickering with Sano was what she wanted. So suddenly her world changed with one light embrace. Sano pulled away and went to stand up so Megumi forced herself into action and pushed him back down. Sano’s breathing became heavy ‘it was wrong, he shouldn’t have forced that upon her’ he couldn’t bear to look into her eyes afraid he might find rejection there.

I know we will survive

Megumi lurched herself forwards upon Sano again. She knew the second he pulled away he was regretting his actions so she acted plastering her mouth against his realizing all the pent up passion she had hidden away from him. Sano was in shock ‘could it be she felt the same?’

I don’t know why but suddenly I’m falling
Was I so Blind.

Megumi pulled back and forced herself to look into Sano’s eyes. ‘Sano,’ she whispered. ‘Do you realize what you’ve started?’ He gazed back, her words meaning nothing for a few long seconds before they registered in his mind. ‘She feels it to,’ he realised and found himself smiling at her.

I was loving you all the time
Now I’m hopelessly addicted

Megumi smiled back, gazing into his brown eyes thick with emotion. She had loved him for so long, ever since he saved her from her own knife. Sano had had a place in her heart from so long ago, it was just that she never realized it. She suddenly remembered he started it perhaps he never realized either.

Helplessly attracted
Naturally we acted

Sano sighed and let out all of his pent up emotion with it. No longer afraid of the consequences, he kissed her again, this time with more passion, trying to tell her what he really felt for her. Megumi reacted as a female should and returned his kiss with just as much passion as he gave it. Happy and so contented she leaned into him placing her body into his arms so he could embrace her tighter and give her what she had wanted for so long yet never realized it.

Hopelessly addicted
Helplessly attracted

All of a sudden they remembered where they were and Megumi became nervous that someone may look in on them and catch this raw display of emotion. Sano pulled back first and started deep into her eyes. ‘Come with me,’ he whispered ‘Please walk with me so I can tell you what I’m feeling,’ Megumi was afraid. She didn’t want to ask Dr. Genzai to let her go in case he asked her why. Sano should be the first to know what and how she felt and if Dr. Genzai happened to ask, Megumi wouldn’t be able to resist telling him.

Chemically reacted
Naturally we acted

Megumi jumped away from Sano glancing up only to see a very startled look Doctor and an even more startled looking Kaoru staring back. "Ummm," she tried to say, "I can explain." Sano laughed and pulled her to him again. ‘I think they know already, Onna, I think they know.



Standard Disclaimers apply and all that, I decided to write this before I went to work so it wasn’t stuck in my head and I’d actually sleep tonight

Michelle Tapper